If you are planning your wedding day and looking for a hairdresser to style your bridal and bridal party hair, look no further. Have you considered a traveling hairdresser? Someone who will come to your location so you don’t have to waste precious wedding day time traveling and waiting at a salon? Having an on location stylist is one of the best things you can do on your wedding day to eliminate stress. Here are five reasons why you should hire me to come to your location and style everyones hair on your wedding day!
1. Are you thinking to yourself that you already have a hairdresser and you were thinking that you would just go see him/her and make an appointment with other stylists at the salon for your bridal party? Do you know if those other stylists are good at updos? Have you ever gone to get your hair done on a spur of the moment and hated it? I speak for myself when I say that I LOVE BRIDAL HAIR. I love wedding days, I love brides. Perms on the other hand, not my favorite. I’ll do them, they turn out just fine, but do I have a passion for perming? Not so much. The same concept can be applied when thinking about your bridal hair. Some stylists will do an updo, but they don’t LOVE them, they would rather do a perm than an updo. Do you want to go to just anyone and LIKE your hair or do you want someone who will make you LOVE your hair?
2. This reason ties in with the above – wedding day photos. I have friends who had their hair done by ‘anyone’ and they tell me over and over and over when they see their wedding picture hanging on their wall….”I hated my hair, why didn’t I have you do my hair Lisa”? Do you want to look at your wedding pictures (remember: the bridesmaids, mother of the bride/groom, etc are all in them too) for the next twenty years thinking ”I hated my hair”?
3. Have you been in a wedding before? Do you know how crazy wedding mornings are? Wouldn’t you rather roll out of bed, or better yet ask your maid of honor to roll out of bed, let me in and not have to worry about another thing until it’s your turn to get your hair done? Or would you like to wake up, drive to the salon, wait at the salon, wait for your bridal party to get their hair done, then rush home, eat and change into your dress then rush to the church? I recently did a wedding where the bridal party had marched in a parade the morning of their wedding. I beat them to the hotel, I was waiting in the lobby for them when they arrived. They took me up to the room and all dispersed to take showers. I set up my station and waited patiently for them. One by one they came down, dried their hair, and took a seat in my chair. I did five updos in about 2 hours then let myself out while they got dressed and left for the ceremony. Had they not hired me for on location styling, they would have had to do their own hair! There are always last minute details that need to be finished up on the morning of the wedding. It could be flowers, slideshows, folding programs, etc. Think about doing those things while at the salon. Now think about doing them in your kitchen while your bridal party takes turns getting their hair done in the next room. Trust me, it’s a much smoother morning when the hairdresser comes to you!
4. It’s not like it’s going to cost you any more than going to the salon. Most salons charge the bride double the price for her updo. Why? Because they can. I think that is silly. The bride is the one spending all that money on the wedding! I was a bride once and I know what it’s like! Every updo is a flat $45. Yes, I charge a travel fee if you have less than four people on location for updos, but even then it’s a fee well spent. Trial updos are only $20. I know some stylists will charge over $100 for ‘bridal packages’ and it includes a practice updo and wedding day styling. Thats $50 each updo and you have to go to them!
5. Experience. You want someone who has wedding day experience. You wouldn’t hire a photographer who didn’t have experience with actual weddings. You wouldn’t hire a caterer that has never cooked for an entire wedding. You shouldn’t hire a hairdresser who has never styled a whole bridal party, or one who has never traveled and dealt with wedding day craziness. I work better under pressure, and I can honestly say that I have NEVER not gotten everyone styled in time. I will tell you however, that I HAVE tacked on a few extras with time to spare! I’m professional and fast and wedding days are my ‘thing.’ It is vital that you have the correct people in place on your wedding day if you want it to run smoothly. I am certainly one of those people.